Sicilia Doc

This wine expresses the elegance and fruitiness of the Nero d’Avola, a historic Sicilian variety that was the main character of the rebirth of Sicilian enology. 

Alcohol content
Serving temperature
Production area
This wine is produced with grapes which are grown in our estate vineyards of Ragusa and Agrigento areas: two zones which have completely different climatic conditions and soil characteristics. Our vineyards located in the south east of Sicily enjoy the warm climate with great thermal variations and benefit of the light sandy soils, which produce elegant, fine and crisply fragrant wines. The Nero d'Avola grown in our northern-westerly vineyards benefit of the warm but tempered climate and of the fertile clay soils that produce full bodied and rich wines.
The grapes are harvested at the end of September, when they reach the perfect aromatic and polyphenolic ripeness. They undergo alcoholic fermentation with selected yeasts for 10-12 days at a temperature of 25-27 °C (77-80°F) with periodic “rimontaggi” (the must is pumped over the dregs).The 30% of the Nero d'Avola ages in steel to preserve the complex character of ripe red fruit, while the remaining 70% ages for 8-10 months in French oak barrels to soften the tannins and to add structure to this elegant wine.At the end of the aging process, the wines are mixed and they age together first in steel and the in the bottle for additional 12 months.
Color: intense red, thick and deep with lightly garnet reflections
Bouquet: mature, with notes of red berries as blackberry, raspberry and cherry, floral notes of violet and hints of tobacco and vanilla coming from the aging in wood.
Flavor: soft and juicy with elegant and fine tannins, this wine shows excellent structure and body.
Ideal with seasoned cheeses and cold cuts, ragù first courses, red meat and baked fish.